There is much to discover in Steyl. Hidden behind centuries-old walls you will find monastery gardens with monumental trees and plants, brought to Steyl from all parts of the world. You will also find unique devotional caves and the Heilig Hartheuvel. These special places full of history, monasteries, special gardens, will surprise you. We would like to list a few sights for you:
- Botanical Garden Jochumhof: an enclave of nature, history and tranquility with a phenomenal view of the Meuse.
- The power house: a special place about the history of electricity, steam and water supply for the monasteries and the monastery workshops.
- Limburgs Citizens’ Guild Museum: here you will discover a piece of living cultural heritage of Limburg.
- The Mission Museum introduces you to nature and culture from the time of the missions, including an impressive collection of stuffed animals and objects of art and use from all over the world.
- In Keramiekcentrum Tiendschuur, museum, exhibitions and workshop, everything revolves around ceramics. Here you can experience the fascinating craft of the ceramicist, with his potter's wheel or 3D printer. Discover the extraordinary beauty of ceramic art.
- Bij Pottery Hoogland see for yourself how Tegelen pottery is still made.
- World Pavilion Steyl: discover other world cultures, get to know Central American Nicaragua and African Ghana. A special outing for the whole family.
Discover even more? Check out: Monastery Village Steyl.
Eating and drinking in Steyl:
- A grocery store interior from 1880, chairs from an old Limburg pub, tables from India, an Italian espresso machine and the best Limburg flans. That's Grand café Jochumhof.
- Café and ice cream parlor Vriendenkring: the atmospheric livingroom of Steyl. Cosiness and atmosphere with a drink in the heart of Steyl.
- A nice drink, a delicious meal or an unforgettable party? Feel at home at the gateway of Steyl: Café Quatre Bras.
- Against the backdrop of the monasteries in Steyl lies the monumental Brasserie ’t Vaerhóes on the Meuse.
- Or an international touch with Limburg flavor:Café La Cantina of the World Pavilion Steyl.
- Book a special culinary adventure at the Maashopper, a culinary brunch, a party cruise, just what you want.
- Culinary delights can be enjoyed at restaurant Aubergine.
- And of course Friture ’t Vaer for snacks, fries and ice cream.
- Kloosterbrouwerij Steyl: taste and enjoy traditionally brewed special beers and homemade, pure regional dishes.